Travel credit cards have been around in the UAE for quite some time now. Those who travel frequently for professional and personal reasons can benefit greatly from these cards. Travel incentives, cashback and free flights are some of the attractive offers associated with these cards. However, with so many existing and upcoming air miles cards offering attractive deals, it becomes difficult to choose one that suits you the best.
A lot of people reading this article may already have a travel credit card but may not know how to use it to their benefit. We’ll give you tips on how to build a considerable balance of reward points on your card but first let’s explore a few travel credit cards in the UAE.
1) Emirates NBD Skywards Signature Card
The competitive rates and offers available on the Emirates NBD Skywards Signature Card make it a great travel credit card in the UAE. Those with a minimum salary of AED 15000 are eligible for this card. An additional fee of AED 700 has to be paid annually.
On every USD spent you will earn 0.75 and 1.5 Skywards miles on domestic and international spends respectively. Another reason that makes this card so great is that you can earn Skywards miles of up to AED 50,000 in one billing cycle. Other benefits include airport lounge access, a concierge desk, golf privileges, complimentary valet parking services at some of the best malls in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, health and dining privileges.
2) Citibank PremierMiles Elite – Infinite Visa
Another card that offers similar privileges is the Citibank PremierMiles Elite – Infinite Visa. However, the minimum salary required is AED 30,000 along with an additional fee of AED 1,500 annually.
Citibank offers 2 and 3 Citi miles on every dollar spent domestically and internationally respectively. Citi Miles can not only be transferred to your preferred loyalty program but can also be redeemed for travel related costs. Apart from this, you also enjoy airport lounge access, hotel membership, international concierge, car rental privileges and travel insurance among others.
3) Etihad Guest Above Infinite Credit Card
A minimum salary of AED 15,000 and an annual fee of AED 1000 make the Etihad Guest Above Infinite a card for serious travellers.
This card offers you the opportunity to earn Etihad Guest Miles for all your purchases. For every USD spent using the card, you are 2 Etihad Guest Miles and for every USD spent internationally or towards an online purchase of a ticket from Etihad you earn a bonus Etihad Guest Mile.
Along with easy point accumulation, this card rewards you with access to a Global Concierge Service, complimentary airport chauffeur service, upgrade vouchers and golf privileges at some of the best golf courses in the world.
Tips to make the most out of your air miles credit card in the UAE
Whether you opt for one of the above mentioned cards or own a different air miles credit card altogether, use these tips to build balance on your card.
• Make all your purchases through this card, no matter how small they are. This includes paying utility bills to grocery shopping unless of course you have a separate card for it.
• One of the quickest ways to build the balance on your card is by making large purchases through it. For example, buying a new car. However, be careful to check whether you earn miles while using it for such purchases.
• Those who have a companion on the same card earn more miles than those who don’t.
• Airlines always have some or the other type of offers on miles, make sure you sign up for emails and don’t miss out on any of these offers.
Find great Air Miles credit cards when you compare all the options available at Dubai Finance.